Spacer Monterey County Free Libraries - Link to Home Page
Search Our Catalog
SpacerCheck Your Account
SpacerSearch the Internet
SpacerInternet Policies
SpacerReference and Databases
SpacerLibrary Services
SpacerAbout the Library
SpacerEvents Calendar
SpacerSite Map



Immigration and Citizenship Resources



In the News: DACA

Response to January 2018 Preliminary Injunction from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, with information and clarification regarding DACA renewals
Successful DACA Renewal Applications Under New USCIS Guidelines from the Immigrant Legal Resource Center
DACA 2017 Announcement from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
What Do I Need to Know about the End of DACA? from the Immigrant Legal Resource Center

Immigrant Support Organizations


Local Help

The U.S. Department of Justice has a list of recognized Immigrant-serving organizations. These 3 organizations in our area are on the list:


Catholic Charities           7950 Church Street

South County Office       Gilroy, CA 95020                  (408) 842-4808      


Catholic Charities           P.O. Box 2048

Diocese of Monterey       Monterey, CA 93942            (831) 422-0602      


UFW Foundation             437 East Alisal Street

Salinas site                     Salinas, CA 93905               (831) 758-2611      


Local Legal Help


California Rural Legal Assistance


3 Williams Road

Salinas, CA


831 757-5221


Path to Citizenship


U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (Visas, Green Cards, Citizenship and Passport Applications)


          Apply for Citizenship


          Immigrants may take the citizenship test in their native language if they meet either of these requirements:

    50 or more years of age with a Permanent Resident card for 20 years.

    55 or more years of age with a Permanent Resident card for 15 years.


          Study Material
          100 Civics Questions & Answers (English)

          100 Civics Questions & Answers (Spanish)


           Fee Waivers

           Low income immigrants may be entitled to fee waivers.  Form I-912 is a fee waiver form and needs to be filled out in conjuction with

           Form I-912P. 

           Some of the fees that may be waived:

           I-90 Application (Replaces or renews a Resident Card)

           I-765 Application for Employment Authorization

           N-400 Application for Naturalization (Reduced fee option only.  See form I-942p)

           N-600 Application for Certificate of Citizenship 


          **Please check out official website for updates and a complete list.



           A Guide to Naturalization eBook   

           Study materials for the Naturalization Test  


Bay Area Help


San Francisco Immigrant Legal & Education Network


938 Valencia Street, San Francisco, CA 94110

P: (415) 282-6209 / F: (415) 282.2826


          Deportations and Detentions






          Options for Victims of Crime





Immigrant Legal Resources


1663 Mission Street, Suite 602
San Francisco, CA 94103

Main: 415-255-9499
Fax: 415-255-9792


          Post-Election Talking Points and Resources  DACA/DAPA



          Red Cards  May be presented to law enforcement to exercise U.S. Constitutional Rights for citizens and non-citizens

          Using a Red Card (multiple languages)


National Immigration Law Center


          How to Be Prepared for an  Immigration Raid (English)

          How to Be Prepared for an  Immigration Raid (Spanish)


Anonymous Online Education

Immi helps immigrants in the U.S. understand their legal options. Our online screening tool, legal information, and referrals to nonprofit legal services organizations are always free to use. Immi was created by the Immigration Advocates Network and Pro Bono Net, two nonprofit organizations dedicated to increasing access to justice for low-income immigrants.




LULAC Oportunidad App


Immigo App





back to the top

| Search Our Catalog | Check Your Account | Kids | Teens | Search the Internet | Internet Policy |
| Reference & Databases | Services | About the Library | Site Map | Home |
Do you have questions?
Contact a Reference Librarian
Web Design by
WebFeet Creations
This page last updated